SOLAR EMPLOYEES: Please visit the Leave Administration Office website for information on Solar's leave and disability process.
If a medical condition keeps you from working, you may be eligible for disability coverage. Here are some important things to know about disability and medical leave and steps you must take if you ever need to use this benefit:
UNDERSTANDING YOUR DISABILITY AND MEDICAL LEAVE BENEFITS
Be informed about all the details of these benefits, including the length of your salary continuation and how disability impacts other time off.
USING YOUR DISABILITY AND MEDICAL LEAVE BENEFITS
Find out how to initiate your disability period, ensure you get paid during your time away from work and know what is required of you upon your return to work:
- Review the Summary Plan Description (SPD) (or CLICK HERE for single sign-on with your CWS ID) for more information and full disclosure about this benefit.
- Your disability payment duration varies based on your job classification and length of service and is treated in coordination with other time off benefits like vacation and holidays.
- If you become or anticipate becoming disabled, you must submit a completed disability claim application within 30 calendar days of the first day of your disability, or your claim may be denied.
- To request a disability claim application, contact your local medical station or HR team (or Disability Case Coordinator if previously established).
- You will be assigned a Disability Case Coordinator ("DCC" or "Case Manager") who will work directly with you and can assist with questions you have during your disability.
- Periodically throughout your disability, you'll be required to submit medical updates from your doctor.
- Before returning to work, you must contact your DCC for specific arrangements.