U.S. Flexible Spending Account

A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows you to set aside money for certain expenses before payroll deducts taxes from your paycheck. This means the amount of income your taxes are based on will be lower, so your tax liability will be lower. With an FSA, you can reduce your taxes while paying for things you’d have to pay for anyway.

Caterpillar offers two Flexible Spending Accounts:

  • Health Care
  • Dependent (child or elder) Care


FSA participants can use a debit card to pay for eligible expenses directly from their Health Care or Dependent Care FSA. If you currently have automatic transfer of funds set up for your FSA but want to use the debit card, you may need to adjust your reimbursement settings by logging into your UHC account or contacting UHC.
Please Note: FSA debit cards will only be issued in 2017 to new Caterpillar FSA participants or if a new FSA debit card was requested. If you previously participated in the FSA for 2016 and elected to continue to participate in 2017 your 2016 card has been loaded to use as permitted.
CLICK HERE for details on how to use the debit card.
To access your FSA information or the FSA Tax Savings Calculator, go to myuhc.com > Claims & Accounts > Flexible Spending Account.
FSA pig & bank.png

FSA brochure

It provides an overview of Fexible Spending Accounts and how they work.


You can enroll for automatic deposit of your FSA reimbursements to your bank account at myuhc.com or by contacting UnitedHealthcare.

Support/management/non-bargained hourly employees, Solar Turbines employees & UAW-represented employees: You're eligible to enroll in a Limited Purpose FSA. See how a Limited Purpose FSA and a Health Savings Account work together.